Overview Site Map

Map of Full Grounds
6501 Quarry House had been built in 1830 as the Wyoming Valley Town House, sitting across the road from the Wyoming Valley Church. Originally planned as a theater for the camp, it became a private residence in 1970.

6451 Hickory House was once the Bawden School; it served as the Arts & Crafts room for camp until becoming a residence in 1973.

6449 Juniper House grew from the original tack room of Hilltop, sitting adjacent to the stable and corral. Herbert added storage space to accommodate his collection of buggies and eventually converted the entire building into a residence.

6445 Elm Tree House was formerly the Snead Creek School where Mr. Wright’s sister, Jane Porter, taught in the 1880’s. It was a counselor’s cabin until becoming a private residence.

Woodbine House was sited in the main Hilltop area as a cabin for campers and counselors. Following the closure of the camp, it became Herbert’s architectural office. The building shares history with Orchard House, having once been the same building, the Frank Brander School, originally sited on Hwy 14. It had to be sawed in half to fit under the power lines during moving process.

Pine Tree House was brought from Hyde, the McCutcheon School. Herbert added a balcony, bathroom and dormitory wing to house additional campers.

6443 Lilac House was once the Hillside School, sitting on Hwy T next to the Unity Chapel. It was used as a counselor’s cabin until becoming a private residence in 1971.

6441 Orchard House was sited high on the hill in what was once Uncle Philip’s orchard. It housed counselors until it became a private residence. It shares history with the Woodbine House, having once been the same building, the Frank Brander School, originally sited on Hwy 14. It had to be sawed in half to fit under the power lines during moving process.

6448 Deer Spring House was the last schoolhouse moved to Hilltop; it had originally been a Dodgeville school, standing at the entrance to what is now Governor Dodge State Park. It was originally envisioned to be a ski house, becoming instead a home for Ty and Janelle and their family.

6447 Fritz Residence

Mouse over the buildings for more information.